Like I stated in a previous post i grew up eating meat loaf and having it once a week, I got tired of the same old recipe my mom uses. So I took matters into my own hands and made a recipe I would like. My mom agreed it was great!
Pam’s Favorite Meatlaof
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 sweet onions, diced
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of each white pepper and black pepper
3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup lwo sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 ½pounds ground beef ( 80/20)
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup bread crumbs
1/2 cupreduced sugar ketchup
Preheat oven 325°F
- Saute onions, thyme, salt, pepper in olive oil about 8-10 minutes.
- Off the heat, mix in Worcestershire, broth, paste until combined. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, onion mixture, bread crumbs and eggs.
- Mix with a fork, do not mash
- Shape into a loaf ( rectangle)
- Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread ketchup over the top.
- Bake 1-1.25 hours until temperature reaches 160°F°
- Slice and serve hot
**Place a pan/bowl of hot water in oven on second rack to prevent loaf from cracking.
Serve with favorite mashed potatoes and vegetable.