My take on the Funfetti cake. Made this one time for a party, it is a denser cake but still as delicious as my favorite funfetti cake growing up.
1 stick Earth Balance Butter, softened
2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
5 large eggs
1 cup lactose free milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
2 round 9” cake pans
Preheat oven 350°F
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients, minus sprinkles
- Spray both round cake pans with non stick spray.
- Beat earth balance butter, oil and sugar in electric mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla
- Alternating dry ingredients with milk (starting and ending with dry)
- Fold in sprinkles
- Divide batter into two pans.
- Bale 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool about 15 minutes then invert and remove from pan.