Perfect for a lazy day when you don’t want to slave over the stove, or you are just lazy. Throw it all in and let it cook, then BAM dinner is ready!
Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork
3 pound bone-in pork shoulder
1 jar G. Hughes hickory BBQ Sauce
1 sweet onion, diced
1 can Caffeine free diet coke or 16oz low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon brown sugar(Optional)
- Rub pork shoulder with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, ground mustard.
- Place into crock pot
- Pour can of cola into sides of crock pot
- Place diced onions around pork.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours
- After pork is falling off bones, remove and shred in separate dish
- Save ¼ cup juices from slow cooker, throw rest away
- Place shredded pork back into slow cooker and add ¼ cup back into pork, mix
- Add favorite barbecue sauce and combine, heated through.
Serve onto toasted sourdough or hoagie rolls
Could also serve with my Pickled Red Onions!