* Update, I made this recipe again today for my grandparents, and I added diced water chestnuts.
Chinese food makes great take out, but why order take out when you can make your own chinese food take out?!
¾ cup unsalted whole cashews
1 ½ pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
8 green onions, 1 inch slices
2 tablespoon rice vinegar ( plus more)
4 tablespoon hoisin sauce ( lee kum kee)
1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
¼ cup water
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
*1 8oz can water chestnuts, diced ( optional)
*4 small sized zucchini, halved and sliced (optional)
Preheat oven 350°F
- Place cashews onto baking sheet and toast until fragrant about 5 minutes
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- In a large skillet or wok heat 1 tablespoon oil, add the chicken, white parts of green onions and garlic and* zucchini, cook till done.
- Turn down the heat, add rice vinegar cook till evaporated.
- Add *water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and water, heat through and a sauce should form.
- Add remaining green onions, little dash of rice vinegar and sesame oil, stir.
Serve over white rice, or with favorite Asian dishes.