One of my mothers favorite region of cuisine is mexican food! So she and I created these one night we were craving mexican food!
Chicken Enchiladas * low crab
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small white onion, diced
1 can(4 oz) green chilies
1 ½ pound chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 ( 15 oz) can low sodium black beans, drained
8 flour tortillas ( Tortilla Factory low carb)
1 large can red enchilada sauce ( green if you prefer)
9×13 baking dish
Preheat oven 350°F
- In large skillet heat oil, add onion and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add diced chicken and green chilies ( season with salt and pepper) sauté 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked
- Set aside off heat
- Lay out tortilla, add spoonful of enchilada sauce to center
- add 2 spoonful’s of chicken mixture and 1 spoonful of black beans
- Roll tortilla up and place seam side down.
- Repeat till finished with all 8 tortillas
- Any extra chicken place on top of enchiladas and pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top.
Bake uncovered 20 minutes
Serve with toppings ( avocado, cilantro, onion or cheese)