During the holidays as a tradition we bake banana bread to serve along side the main course. One year we started making zucchini bread with banana bread and it was a huge success! SO this is my yearly holiday tradition.
makes 2 loaves
½ cup cinnamon applesauce
½ cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini (4 regular zucchinis)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 loaf pans
Non stick spray
Preheat oven 350°F
Spray PAM in the two loaf pans
- In a large bowl add eggs, oil, apple sauce and sugar mix until fluffy.
- Stir in zucchini and vanilla
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder/soda, salt into egg mixture
- Divide into two greased loaf pans
- Bake 60-70 minutes until done.
- Let cool 10 minutes and take out of pans to cool completely.
For warm bread, microwave 10 seconds.