Cream of Celery Soup Dairy Free
¼ cup Earth Balance butter
1 cup small yellow onion, chopped
2 cups celery, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet melt earth balance butter, over medium high heat
- Add celery, onions, garlic and cook till softened and translucent about 5-7 minutes.
- Add flour and cook another minute
- Add chicken broth and milk, stir till smooth
- Increase the heat and bring to a simmer, reduced heat to medium add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste
1 recipe of soup is equivalent to 2 cans.
Add into favorite dishes instead of store bought!