MY FAVORITE MUFFIN!!
Since becoming lactose intolerant, I have not found a dairy free poppy seed muffin. So when that usually happens, I create my own recipe!
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
½ teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 ¾ cup flour
2 teaspoon poppy seeds
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
¾ cup lactose free milk or almond milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
Lemon zest optional
Preheat oven 400°F
- Combine all dry ingredients into small bowl.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, oil and almond extract
- Add liquid ingredients into dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Spoon batter into cupcake pans 2/3 full
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from pan, let cool before storing.
Can be frozen and microwaved when ready to eat each individual one or stored in air tight container for 1 week.