What better way than to ring in the months of Autumn, then pumpkins.
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups granulated sugar
¾ cup Earth Balance butter, softened
1 (15oz) can 100% pumpkin puree
2 loaf pans
Preheat oven 325°F
- Grease two loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine baking powder/soda, salt and spices
- With an electric mixer beat butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Continue beating until light and fluffy
- Beat in whole can of pumpkin ( mixture might look grainy and curdle- that’s okay!)
- Beat in dry ingredients until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly into two loaf pans
- Bake 65-75 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let cool 10 minutes before taking loafs out of pan.
Best served warm. Can microwave slices for 10 seconds to re-heat.