New year, same me. Adding a subtle hint of champagne flavor into cupcakes. Rang in the new year in charge of dessert. Prepared my champagne cupcake, with an added hint of PINK, to enhance the rosé color of the alcohol!
Pour yourself a glass and enjoy baking! What makes for a better cupcake than adding some bubbly to the mix.
Champagne Cupcakes w/ Champagne Buttercream Frosting
2 ¾ cups flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
1 ½ cup white sugar
6 egg whites
¾ cup sweet champagne ( I normally use sweet pink champagne)
A few drops of pink food coloring.
3 ¼ cup powdered sugar
1 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
3 tbsp sweet champagne ( same as above)
Preheat oven 350°F
- Line cupcake pans with liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar until fluffy
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and blend into sugar mixture alternating with champagne.
- In a separate large bowl beat egg whites until still peak forms.
- Fold 1/3 in at a time with spatula.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 cup full.
- Bake 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- In electric mixer beat all ingredients until spreadable consistency.
Double the frosting for 20 cupcakes.
Best served the day of baking!